Stay Home, Stay Connected
With Stay At Home Orders are in effect, fighting COVID-19 can be lonely and isolating–but it doesn’t have to be.
You may already have some technology at home that keeps you connected with your loved ones despite the current social restrictions. A lot of people are familiar with “Skype” and “FaceTime”, but there are features of these two apps and more similar apps that will allow you to socialize with large groups of people safely.
Here are some ideas to keep you entertained and connected while “Social Distancing”
Apps that allow you to Video Chat –
- FaceTime (Apple Users Only) – you can chat with up to 32 people at one time
- Skype – supports up to 50 people on the same call
- House Party – chat with up to 8 people and play games with each other
- Marco Polo – best for video chats – send video messages to individuals or group chats, which the other parties can watch and respond to at their leisure
- Facebook Messenger
- Instagram Video Chat
Free E-book Apps – (you may have to pay for the books)
- Amazon Kindle
- Barnes & Noble NOOK
- Google Play Books
- Apple Books
- Paid – Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, YouTube Premium, Amazon Prime Video
- Free – Pluto, Kanopy, Crackle, Plex, IMDbTV, Tubi TV, Vudu
Yoga/Meditation Apps – to keep your mindfulness
- Headspace – free version of the app includes meditations and exercises that will teach you the essentials of meditation and mindfulness.
- SimpleHabit – a goal and situation-based meditation for busy people
- Calm – guided meditation sessions cover the basics of mindfulness and there’s also a library of soothing nature sounds and scenes
- DailyYoga – Step-by-step instructions guide you
- DownDog – a brand new yoga practice every time
- Yoga Studio
Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane! Need assistance with your device? Contact us.